- Rob Ford’s party crashed with banners: “On January 17, we will stop the cuts”
- Toronto Stop the Cuts condemns Rob Ford for his aggression against his wife Renata and their children, and the Toronto Police for protecting him
- Etobicoke North Stop the Cuts Committee Meeting
- Community READ-IN: because the cuts are leaving us out!
- Downtown East- Rally for Housing and Public Services!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Join Davenport-Perth Stop the Cuts for a community read-in to celebrate public space and to protest Ford’s cuts.
Sunday November 27, 2011
Bloor Gladstone Library 1101 Bloor St. W.
Short readings from local authors – Kelley Aitken • Catherine Bush • Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer • Alayna Munce
Local community members speaking about the impact of the cuts on their lives
Activities for kids and hot chocolate
The Department of Public Memory
EXPAND OUR SERVICES! STOP THE CUTS!
Mayor Rob Ford and his supporters at City Hall plan to make serious cuts to all aspects of city services and the workers who provide them. Already every City department (except the Police) has been ordered to cut their 2012 budget by 10%. Community centres are now charging fees for previously free programs like family swim. The TTC has been forced to reduce service frequency on already packed routes. Libraries are planning to reduce hours. Ford is so determined to destroy good, public jobs that as early as January, we could see a lock out of city workers. And that is only a small sample of what’s to come, unless we work together to Stop the Cuts!
Join residents in Davenport-Perth to demand that city programs, services and jobs be saved.
COME TO THE LIBRARY! RAISE YOUR VOICE!
Childcare available • Space accessible
For more information: